‘Mappings’ allows you to map controls in your mobile app to particular fields. Through it, you can send user input data via connectors to the entities or services you configured. For instance, you can configure which text boxes write to which fields of a table in your database.
To map controls to entities, follow these steps.
- On Pages & Forms, click the ‘Manage’ button associated with the form you wish to connect the database to. This will invoke the Data Storage screen, which is where you can create or update the required entities (tables). Each page should have one parent entity to map as well as sub entities for each repeater control used in that page.
- Choose the connection you want to use from the drop down menu. If you did not create a connector already, do so using the information on Connecting with Third Party Systems.
- Click ‘Load Data Store’ so that you can view suggestions for entities that can be created for the page.
- Mark the controls whose data you wish to store and click ‘Confirm Create Entities’.
- Open the page using Open Page Designer and click on the control you wish to configure. On the right panel, click on ‘Mappings’ followed by ‘+ Add’.
- Select the Connector, Entity, Field, and Service and then click ‘Save’.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button you have added. On the panel to your right, select Actions/Triggers and then click’+ Action’. Enter a name for the action and save it. Add a Sub Trigger by clicking the ‘+’ button you see when you hover over the action. Define the type of action the button will take (e.g. close or submit data), the domain, connector, and entity.
When a user submits a form, the data entered can be stored in two possible ways. One, it can be written to a database. Two, it can be sent via email in a PDF file.