Miracle Mobile Platform allows you to configure your apps’ settings or redefine them according to business needs. Through the Admin Panel, administrators can improve their apps’ functionality through two types of settings: System Settings and User Settings.
System Settings allow you to tweak your app’s interface according to your taste through the following settings.
- Application Icon – The application icon is the icon that will appear in the top navigation bar of your mobile app. Select an icon from the drop down list of assets already available. If you want a different icon, upload it from the Assets section.
- Landing Page View – Select whether the categories should be displayed in Tile View or List View.
- Show Drafts Button – Checking this box will make the Drafts button visible on the home screen.
- Show Notifications Button – Select this option if you think the Notifications button should be visible on the home screen.
- Show Sync Button – Checking this box will make the Sync button visible on the home screen.
- Show Settings Button – Select this option to display the Settings button.
User Defined Settings
User Settings are settings that aim to enhance the usability of the mobile app and make it easier to use. If you opt for any of the five app samples provided on the platform, you will get a range of user settings which you can easily configure according to your needs. You are also welcome to add custom settings wherever necessary.
To create custom settings, use the following steps.
- Click on User Defined Settings under Settings. Click the button ‘Create New Setting’.
- In the ‘Add New Setting’ window, fill in the following details:
- Key – Provide a name for your custom setting. This will only be used for referencing the setting within the app rather than be displayed.
- Domain – Select Server if the setting is to be server-controlled or Client if the setting is generated within the app.
- Type – Select whether the setting’s type is Simple or Compound.
- Section – You can leave this field blank or have your setting appear as part of a section.
- Settings – Specify the settings in this field. For instance, for a Max Image Resolution setting, you can type in ‘720×1280’ here.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ button in order to display and customize the following:
- Visible – Click and select this box to make this setting visible.
- Active – Select this option to make this setting active on the app.
- Editable – Select this box if you want to give app users the right to edit this setting.
- Display Text – Type in the text you want to appear in the app on settings page.
- Value Type – Select the type of control you wish to spear in the settings.
- Datasource – Mention the source of the this setting if it is to be fetched from some external system.
- Display Expression
- Value Expression
- Click Save and update your mobile app.