Miracle Mobile Platform provides you with more control over who can use or access the different features of the application. By default, all pages, controls, etc. are visible to all users. However, defining a restriction configuration for any page limits its access to individuals in specific roles. You will need to specify user roles beforehand or else the restriction configuration will be applied to all the users of the app.
Currently, Miracle Mobile Platform supports the following two kinds of restrictions.
- Visible – This type of restriction hides a category, page or control based on the user roles you have defined.
- Editable – This restriction changes a category, page, or control to ‘Read Only’ mode for specified user roles. Users will only be able to see the category, page or control restricted for them, but they will not be able to make any changes.
Restrictions can be applied on the following components:
- Category – It is possible to restrict a particular category for a particular group of users. For example, a category with access to high level reporting tools and financial stats should only be visible to Senior Management.
- Page – Certain pages can be restricted for certain user groups. For example, some forms should only be visible to the HR personnel whereas other forms may only be accessible by Finance department personnel.
- Control – Certain controls on forms can be restricted to be filled in only by certain class of users. For example, supervisor signature and comments should only be visible to roles with the Supervisor or Manager tags.